Created with Unity, 2019
What is the game
- An arcade runner where the player input is done by manipulate a physical head, made from foam and a ‘very secret’ set of electronics.
- The main goal of the game is to save the town by steering the giant out of it with least possible destruction.
- On the way to the outskirts of town the giant will try to destroy as much as possible and the player will have to fight it’s pull towards it’s chosen targets.
- If the player cannot hinder the path of destruction the game ends.
- Overall design: I was the only designer on the team and had responsibility for the design tasks, we tried our best to involve the whole team in all design choices.
- Level design: The team was really fond of the idea of making a gamified version of version of Visby so my goal was to use landmarks from the town, yet still make an interesting level to play.
- Concept and concept art: Initially the concept was brought up in a number of concept discussions and we adapted it to what the team wanted to create. During stressful times for our graphic designers I provided concept art for them to find an initial direction.
- Product owner: As a product owner I worked closely with our project manager and our main goal was to keep the project within scope and keeping a common thread. A lot of time went in to preparing design discussions, presentations and over all keeping track of the project and planning.
Want to know more?